We understand that some people may have concerns in the current environment about attending a group event.
Therefore, please be assured that we are doing our utmost to ensure that all health and safety steps are being taken on one of our weekends.
In addition, our venues are carefully selected for their rural location and stunning scenery, which also happen to be in areas of very low population density.
In relation to the coronavirus Covid-19, our priorities will continue to remain the same. These are as follows:
- Guests arrive safely and are fit and healthy.
- Everyone has a safe and healthy weekend.
- Everyone returns home safe and well having had an enjoyable time practising yoga and hiking in the great outdoors.
To this end, our first priority is to ensure everyone arrives in good health. So if attending a weekend, please ensure you are following the Government’s health advice and guidelines as below :
- We encourage all our guests to maintain good personal, hand and respiratory hygiene by following the NHS guidelines on the Coronavirus overview page
- If you’ve travelled from other countries outside of the UK, please follow the guidance under the section entitled Returning travellers on the Gov.uk website.
- If you’ve had contact with infected people, please do not attend a Yoga Hikes weekend
- Anyone with flu-like symptoms should avoid the risk of spreading their infection, whatever that infection may be, by staying at home and recovering
Yoga Hikes would like to reassure everyone attending our events that we are mindful of any potential risks and will be taking the following additional steps:
- Encouraging guests to bring their own yoga mats and equipment, if you have these. We usually provide mats and equipment, please note these are not used for regular/weekly classes but are only used for our event
- We will be cleaning our mats and washing eye pillow covers before each weekend
- Equipment will not be swopped/exchanged. You will be provided with one set of equipment that is yours to use for the entire duration of the weekend (eye pillows will be placed inside a bag to retain the lavender scent).
- Hand sanitiser will be provided in the yoga room and communal areas. Please ensure you use the hand sanitiser before each class, after each class, and before each meal.
- Tissues will be provided in the yoga room and communal areas
- Avoiding hands-on adjustments/assists – we do normally ask your permission and use permission stones, but in the current environment, will be avoiding these and using verbal cues more.
Please bear in mind that the situation is changing every day and we need to ensure that we all use our common sense and maintain a flexible approach.
Yoga Hikes will be monitoring any changes and updates to government advice.
We believe that by following by taking a sensible approach and following advice, we will all have an enjoyable and healthy weekend.